- Leading the customer experience team to create and execute investments in sales force effectiveness, drive optimal sales force productivity and deliver solutions which enable the sales team to deliver a best in class customer experience whilst maintaining category leadership.
- Leadership responsibility includes but is not limited to driving the perfect store, demand planning and analytics, sales capability and sales tools and systems.
- This role will be responsible for building a highly performing team and working closely with key stakeholders to drive productivity and effectiveness across the sales organization.
- As a key member of the unit’s sales leadership team this role will play a critical part in developing and executing the units’ sales strategy
- In line with business goals, lead the development and delivery of short and long term strategies which ensure optimal sales force effectiveness and productivity and delivers solutions that enable the sales team to deliver a best-in-class customer experience whilst maintaining category
- Build a mindset of continuous improvement which drives maximum sales productivity and optimizes ROI whilst maintaining superior performance.
- Contribute to shaping and executing the units’ sales strategy and leading the wider sales function to success.
- Manage sales forecasting, demand planning and budgeting processes in line with organizational guidelines, ensuring high levels of forecast accuracy and minimal bias.
- Provides the sales organization with sophisticated systems and tools, along with easy and reliable access to key and real-time data to improve salesforce productivity, execution and effectiveness.
- Works closely with the Sales Channel heads, to unlock the physical availability potential of brands and delivers interventions to develop critical organizational capabilities.
- Responsible for recruiting, retaining and developing a high performing capable and engaged team and a strong talent pipeline and culture that highlights the benefits of personal career development and a pool of best-in-class functional expertise.
- Motivate and inspire the customer experience team to deliver both the teams and the wider sales agenda.
CONTEXT AND SCOPE
- Through the leadership of the customer experience team, this role will be responsible for ensuring optimal sales force effectiveness and productivity through delivering solutions that enable the sales team to deliver a best in class customer experience whilst maintaining category leadership.
- This role will be fully responsible for both the strategic and operational day-to-day leadership of the function and will deliver results by leading, developing and inspiring the team towards a high- performance culture.
- This role will collaborate with and influence internal and external partners and requires with good commercial and planning skills and the ability to build and inspire high performing teams.
1. Education & Professional Qualification
- Graduate caliber, with experience in driving sales operations and business planning in a blue chip FMCG/ consumer product.
- Category Leadership (especially Perfect Store) experience is a plus.
- Significant and diverse sales, customer and leadership experience and demonstrated ability to work through and with people in a resourceful and inspiring manner to deliver business results.
- Strong track record of developing and executing visions and strategies that clearly measure the performance against defined KPI’s, taking action to address gaps and adopting a continuous improvement mindset to identify opportunities for enhancement.
- Ability to navigate complex situations and challenge the status quo with a can-do attitude. Self- reliant, decisive and resilient and able to respond and adapt to a fast moving, swiftly changing environment.
- Experience of applying complex analytics to increase the productivity and effectiveness of teams which optimize ROI for the company and the customer.
- Experience of working with a range of automated sales systems and tools and analyzing a wide range of data to create insight which drives solutions and recommendations and delivers business opportunities for the organization and the customer.
- Proven track record of accurate and effective planning that ensures the customers supply chain services are met, full on-shelf availability is achieved, and optimal customer service and profitability is delivered.
- People leadership of a cross-functional with demonstrated ability to build capability, develop talent and engage associates.
- Commercially and financially astute with a deep understanding of the retail environment/marketplace and proven business judgment with an understanding of the commercial impact of one’s own decision making.
- Experience in areas such as (but not exclusive to): Field/Retail Sales, Customer Marketing, Category, Capability and driving sales operations and business planning processes.